Thursday, February 12, 2015

Hello Spring with Avocado Arts

Good morning! I'm up on the Avocado Arts blog this morning to share some projects with the new stamp set for February. I don't know about you, but it sure has been feeling like Spring lately here in the Northwest - while other places seem to be super buried in snow! I miss the snow, but I have to admit 60 to 70 degree days in January with the sun shining aren't too bad either! Anyway - it was fun to play along with the new stamp set for this month appropriately named, Hello Spring::


I started off with a super simple card using the pretty vase and one of the stems and flowers.


I stamped the flower and vase with black ink, then the leaf and stem in green dye ink. I used Copics to color, and to accent the green - LOVE the effect it gave! Die cut that panel with an Avery Elle die, and mounted on some pattern paper by Glitz Designs with a twist of coordinating jute twine. Finished off with a few Pretty Pink Posh sequins!


Next up, I did some tone on tone stamping with the cute little shamrock - a fun nod to St. Patrick's Day!


I stamped a random pattern, then in coordinating ink stamped my sentiment on a strip trimmed to fit at an angle. Added some glitter ribbon behind, a few large gold sequins, and then mounted at a jaunty angle on a white cardbase.


And finally, I just couldn't resist some watercolors in there either!


I stamped the flowers in a random cluster on two corners of a panel of watercolor paper, then watercolored and added some ink splatters. Mounted on a green cardbase, and added some Stickles to the center of the flowers.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, love
    that green St. Patrick's
    Day card!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete