Monday, February 9, 2015

Amazing Bear

Good morning! I love coloring something with very unexpected colors - especially when it actually works! This card was super fun for me:


I made this to play along with the current Simon Says Monday Challenge - All Things Bright and Beautiful - (for a bear, this is definitely bright and beautiful!):


I used the Altenew set called Geometric Menagerie for the bear, and my sentiment came from another Altenew set called Sentiments and Quotes. I colored it with Copic markers, then added a super sparkly coat of Wink of Stella - which as always is super hard to see in the pictures! I die cut the panel with a Lil' Inker's die, then layered together some vellum and random papers from my scrap pile that coordinated and attached them with 3 rows of slightly messy machine stitching. The center panel was attached with foam adhesive, and I finished off with some matching enamel dots.


I also curled the edges of the paper up a little, since they are only attached at the machine stitching I think it gives great dimension to the card - and so incredibly easy! 

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

  1. Love the layers of patterned paper and the fun colors of the bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super awesome card! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card - a lovely design with the different colours & patterns of great layers.........your geometric polar bear is adorable and great details!!!

    Thanks so much for joining us along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty colors and papers! Your coloring is fantastic on the bear! Love the stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am LOVING colors and layering! This is absolutely gorgeous, Heather! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “All Things Bright and Beautiful” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I love the candy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the combo of papers against this pretty geometric image, absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. More layers and lovely
    colors on it.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  9. More layers and lovely
    colors on it.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete