Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Waving Hi - Triangles and Boats

Good morning! Dropping in with a fun card for a challenge - this uses two trends I have really enjoyed, combined on one card: Nautical, and Triangles!


I made this for the current Little Tangles Challenge - Saying Hello:
I used a new Neat and Tangled die that I hadn't had a chance to use yet - Tiny Triangles, and one of my favorite Neat and Tangled stamp sets - Sailmates for this card. I die cut the triangle background from some MFT cardstock, backed it with some soft blue cardstock, then die cut it again with gold glitter cardstock and glued the gold triangles into a few of the spaces. Heat embossed the boat on vellum and fussy cut out before adhering over a bundle of gold thread, then heat embossed the sentiment on a strip of trimmed black cardstock which I adhered with foam adhesive. Matted my front panel with black and white, then mounted with foam adhesive on my kraft card base that I used a Lil' Inker's die on.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

  1. Totally fantastic! Love the gold accents and the vellum boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun color combination!! Love the stacking you did on the blue with gold triangles inlaid within. The vellum sailboat is just so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Triangles at every level. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reminding me about this background die....I just love it, and what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your crisp design is so eye catching and love the combo of inlaid gold triangles with a cool vellum sailboat! Such a pretty nautical creation!

    ReplyDelete