Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Baby Girl and Boy Cards

Good morning! I'm sharing a couple of fun baby cards over at My Craft Spot this morning:


These cards kind of happened by accident - I was trying to clean up my crafty area, and these papers pretty much jumped out at me and begged to be made into a card! 


I used the fun new Big Word Dies from My Craft Spot to cut out the Congrats. I cut it out of white cardstock, then also cut the bottom half of it out of the top of one of my pattern papers. I attached my two pattern papers together, then pieced in the die cut word. I covered it with 2 coats of Wink of Stella for some sparkle, then added a layer of Glossy Accents for a bit more shine. Gives it such a polished and finished look, with very little work!


And, I love when making baby cards to use the same layout and style, and make both a boy AND girl card. So I did the same card but in blues for a boy:


All my pattern paper is by Crate Paper, and I added a bow with Crinkle Ribbon from My Craft Spot to both of them. The girl one used Petal Pink, and the boy one used Sky Blue - both are conveniently packed in the Sweet Baby set. 


I finished off with some machine stitching around the outside, the stamped part of the sentiment from Bundle of Joy stamp set, and and a safety pin brad and a bit of Pearl Bling Strips - both from Eyelet Outlet.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG what sweet and adorable cards. Girl you are so talented!! Just everything you used to create your cards was so clever and creative they definitely would be frame worth to hang in the nursery and will definitely be deemed a keepsake. Great creative job!!

    ReplyDelete