Thursday, February 13, 2014

Avocado Arts - Forever Yours and Days and Months

Good morning! I'm super excited to be sharing my first post over on the Avocado Arts Blog this morning! I have 3 cards to share today - and lots of pictures:


First up, I made a couple cards with this months stamp set - as soon as I saw this, I fell in LOVE with that adorable love bug! Isn't it the cutest?!?!?


I stamped it on pattern paper, carefully fussy cut it out, then paper pieced a bit of white paper on it. I stamped that tiny "Just Married" sentiment - that conveniently fits just perfectly in the window - then added the little bow on the back. I used Delicata Gold ink to ink up the bow, as well as stamp the sentiment in the window so that they matched just right.


I used some Heidi Swapp color shine in gold and peach on the background, a bit of embossing paste on a stencil, then attached the bug with foam adhesive.


Finally, I stamped and embossed my sentiment on a Simon Says Stamp tilted black banner. Finished off with a bit of bling and some gold sequins. The first picture shows it best, but I also used my Wink of Stella a little on the car for just a touch of extra sparkle!


Next up - I came OH so close to making a one layer card - but I ended up adding a bit of bling in the end!


I inked up "Congratulations" one time, then stamped it off 3 times to give a bit of movement. The tiny hearts are from the little love birds - I just used some washi tape to mask off everything but the hearts.


I colored the glasses with my Copic markers, then added some Stickles over the surface to provide a bit of sparkle.


Then - I had to play with the add on set for this month - this set has so many possibilities - I can't wait to use it for my scrapbooking! But first I decided to make a card with it.

 

I lined up the days of the week on my stamp press, then added a tiny sentiment from an older stamp set, Wishes and Kind Thoughts. This would have made it super easy to make a large set of notecards, with all the days lined up. So easy to re-ink and stamp over and over.


I inked them with Ranger Archival Ink, stamped on watercolor paper, then used a water brush and some basic watercolors to brush over each day of the week.


I sprayed some Smooch Spritz over the entire thing to magnify the watercolor effect and add a bit of sparkle. It doesn't show very well in the pictures, but maybe you can get a peek in this shot?


Finished off by matting in black card stock to make that panel pop before mounting on my card base.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have been a busy girl! ll 3 of your cards are just amazing! I LOVE your love bug-so cute! The little champagne glasses are fabulous and love the way you stamped off the congratulations-definitely love the movement!
    Your last card is amazing! The bright splashes of colors are awesome and great stamping:) Fun design! You rocked these Heather! Love them!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete