Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Watercolor Ikat Card

Good evening! Just popping by to share a card for a couple of challenges! I had fun trying to create a watercolor effect with the ikat image from the Unity March 2013 KOTM. I sprayed some different colors of Heidi Swapp Color Shine on a non-stick mat, inked up my stamp on that, then stamped on watercolor paper. After that dried, I stamped my sentiment over the top with Versamark ink.


I also used some distress ink, some Crate Paper pattern paper, a little black jute twine, a window cut with my Lil' Inker's Stitched rectangles, and a few sequins.

I am linking this up with a few challenges - first up, the Runway Inspired Challenge. Here is the inspiration photo - I pulled the colors and angles out of it:


The brand new Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World - LOVE the colors of those leaves:


And then the current Inspired By Challenge - the  colors and contrast were so fun:


Thanks for stopping by - and have a wonderful evening!!!

10 comments:

  1. Love this - the orange sponging on the edges is a great finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - love the way you used the color shine - I will definitely be trying that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I love the watercolor effect. Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Heather! Great watercolor look to the Ikat design

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful watercolor effect. and it looks so cool with the ikat stamp! lovely card
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! beautiful watercolor effect! Will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way this turned out. Another technique to try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors and that great stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather ~ WOW! Those colors and that sentiment are simply beautiful!!! I need to invest in some sequins! I have a few a friend sent me and so need to pull them out! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is Amazing Heather! Love the watercolor effect you did on your card! Thank you for joining us at the Runway!

    ReplyDelete