Sunday, August 4, 2013

PS SPARKS challenge - Sheer and Clear

Hello! It's time for this weeks new Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge - here is what I made this week:


It is the first week of the month, so that means it is a Trend Watch Challenge:


And here is the inspiration piece:


My eyes were drawn to many elements, and I tried to incorporate as many as possible! I made the background using some PTI cardstock and stamping the little paisley designs from Buckaroo on it in white ink (this was drawn from the design on her jeans). I created the cardbase by using Avery Elle kraft cardstock and adding a layer of vellum to get the soft and simple background from the photo. The frame - cut with Duo Die 1 - is a combination of the color of her shirt, and the scallop edge on the sleeves and bottom edge.


I hand trimmed a vellum banner and stamped my sentiment from Salutations on it with Staz-on ink to capture the sheer part of her outfit, and the swirls on the sentiment were pulled from the waves in her dark hair. Finally, I added a misting of my own gold glitter mist, and attached the vellum banner with gold brads, drawn from the gold jewelry that she is wearing in the photo!


There you go! The long winded version of where I pulled my inspiration from the photo to make this card!

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! Looking forward to seeing your creations this week as well! Please stop by and see what the rest of the SPARKS team put together:

5 comments:

  1. I think you got every single detail, Heather! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful card, and you used every element of the inspiration pic, beautifully done! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHHHHHHH! What a fabulous card-- LOVE how you've used vellum for this challenge and how you were inspired by her jeans! I never even saw that design until NOW! WOW! LOVE the gold splatters;) FAB x1000000! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a FUN FUN FUN Card!! We were both drawn to the jeans with the touches of pink and gold!! Such a Neat Design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete