Friday, August 9, 2013

Flip Flop Fun - Unity FWF

Hello again! It's Friday, and I almost didn't have anything done in time, but managed to squeeze a little crafty time in this afternoon so that I can join in with this weeks Unity Friends with Flair. Here is my card for today:


I also managed to work in a few additional challenges. First up the current Unity Be Inspired Challenge - the card sketch:


I used the color inspiration from the current Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge (LOVE these fun colors!):


And, it is also a perfect fit for this month's challenge over at the Ribbon Carousel: Summertime Fun!

So for my card, as soon as I looked at the sketch challenge, I immediately saw washi tape for the background. So I pulled out a color palette that fit the color scheme I wanted to do, and laid it in strips on the white cardstock. 


I cut a square with my Lil' Inker's Stitched Square dies, then stamped the flip flop image from the Unity July 2013 KOTM using 3 different colors of PTI inks. I wrapped some jute twine around that part, then stamped the sentiment on a hand trimmed banner with MFT kraft ink, and attached with foam adhesive. Attached that entire panel with foam adhesive, and mounted everything on a PTI cardstock cardbase.


Thanks for stopping by today - hope you are having a wonderful Friday! YAY for the weekend tomorrow!!!

19 comments:

  1. love the details you added and the special touches : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. LURVE!!! Congrats on your Happy Crafty News too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colors!! Perfect washi background for those flip flops, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute great for summer time fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Super FUN card for summer!! Love the colours and the washis, and of course the flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card, love the stamps.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is fabulous, Heather! so hard to put strips of patterned paper together and you have done it wonderfully! thanks so much for sharing this darling card with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty and fabulously fun card for Summer. I am loving your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather, this is beautiful. Love the fun summer theme and the soft colors you used. The panels are perfect with it, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colours, and oh so true! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure which one of the stamps I love more. Might just be the sentiment! This just came out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. perfect summer card! love how you used the challenges
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. fun sentiment to go with your image, the pearls are a great touch to them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colors are BEAUTIFUL and so happy! The design is spot on for the challenge! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! Goes perfectly with all of those challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so fabulous! I love the soft colors. Wow Heather!

    ReplyDelete