Saturday, June 15, 2013

Washi Banner Card

Good morning! I am getting ready to make the long drive home in a couple of days from visiting family, so since I have been gone and auto-posting so much stuff, I realized that I had this one hiding out that I had never posted! Obviously it was quite a while ago, because it was before I changed the way I take my pictures. I think it was actually a publication reject! I don't have the card anymore, so I can't retake the photo - but I thought this was a good opportunity to share!
Pretty simple card, really! I started off by spraying some white opaque Mister Huey's mist on a kraft cardbase. 
After that dried, I wrapped a doily around, and stamped a Paper Smooches sentiment. 
Next, I pulled out my washi tape and jute twine, and made a fun banner.  
Attached my banner, and added a random sprinkling of bling from my stash.
There you go! Finished off an old one for this! Hope you are having a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. the splattered background is neat, and like the doily with the banner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather ~ Oh this card is so COOL! never tried the splatting thing but now I want too! I just discovered washi tape ~ look out! I LOVE the stuff! i hope you have safe travels too!

    ReplyDelete