Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Peachy Keen Release Challenge #2

We had a great party at the Peachy Keen Connection tonight to release the new stamps for the month! If you missed the fun - there are still a couple of challenges to play along with! I made this for the second challenge (click HERE to read the details!) - and for some reason the Ning site is being difficult and won't let me upload a photo - so, I thought I would post it here real quick:
The challenge was to create a word art background, and include a snowman as a focal point. I used the Happy Birthday from the brand new December Kit of the Month:


Isn't it beautiful?!?!?! LOVE all the cute and elegant images that are on there! I stamped the sentiment on pattern paper repeatedly using PTI ink.
Then I used the snowman and sentiment from these two sets:



I cut a shape out with a Spellbinders Nestabilities Die, and inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink. Then I stamped the snowman on there - planning on coloring it in - but really liked the simple look of it plain! 
Stamped the sentiment using the same PTI ink right over the bottom part of the snowman.
Added some pretty lace and jute twine, and a fun button I had in my stash - and attached the snowman with foam adhesive.
I hope you'll go over and check out the challenges and join the fun! Can't wait to see what you make with them!

Also linking this up with the Ribbon Carousel Holiday Spirit Challenge!

3 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card the snowman is adorable. Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...great paper and image! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather ~ Oh look how stinkin CUUTE!! Eek! I love that little snowman, the background and of course the papers!! Love the spellbinders too! FABULOUS job!!!

    ReplyDelete