Thursday, April 19, 2012

Birthday Balloons - Unity Friends with Flair


Good morning! I am so excited to share my card this morning! I made it for my Dad's birthday that we celebrated last weekend. I typically struggle with masculine cards, but was SOOOO happy with how this one came out! I am also linking up with Unity Friends with Flair for this week...make sure and check out all the details on how to join in and win some free stamps!
I used the March KOTM for the diamond background, the balloons, and the sentiment. The background paper and balloon paper are from a My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pad, and the center one with the diamond background is from a Basic Grey 6x6 paper pad. 
I used my Tim Holtz distress tool to distress all the edges, then used lots of Tim Holtz distress ink in Frayed Burlap on all the edges. I stamped and cut the balloons out, distressed and inked them as well, then attached some twine from Ribbon Carousel to the back of them.
I attached them to the front card panel using pop-dots - just one for each balloon so that they would still move around a bit - more fun and whimsical that way! 
Added some burlap ribbon (also from Ribbon Carousel!) to the front of the card, then adhere the middle panel over the top with foam adhesive. Finished off by stamping the sentiment on a hand trimmed tag, then tying it up with the balloon "strings" and a PTI button. Oh yes...did add a bit of faux stitching around the outside edges of the card as well. 
Hope you are having a wonderful Friday and looking forward to the weekend!!!


21 comments:

  1. Wow, Heather, this is a truly Amazing card for your dad!! I LOVE everything about it. The balloons, the awesome design and esp the burlap ribbon. Great job!! Hope your dad had an Awesome birthday!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! The colors and distressing are perfect for a guys card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I love all the techniques that you used. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card. a great masculine one, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous card.. love how my balloons look here.. thanks for using them Heather.. looks amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet another amazingly stunning card! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally see why you were happy with this outcome! This is one A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. card!!!!!!!!!! I hope you don't mind, but I really want to case this! I already have some balloons cut out ready to be pieced onto a card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the ballooon are amazingly stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful!! Love the soft earth tones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME card! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the whole overall vintage/distressed feel of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an awesome card. I love those balloons...they POP off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card. I love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous! Love the colors and the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, so awesome! Love the colors and the layout, the balloons are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card! The colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful card....and I love all those layers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. FABULOUS card!!! LOVE the color combo and those balloons are TOO CUTE!!! I need to ink mine up! (=

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Your card ROCKS!!! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! These colors are just incredible! It's the perfect card! Every little detail is just perfection. I don't know what else I could say. Hee! Hee! Did I mention perfect?

    ReplyDelete