Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April SFYTT and Unity Color Challenge


Good morning! I have a couple cards I wanted to post this morning - catching up a couple of challenges! Here is the first one:
I made this one for the April Unity Blog Challenge - a color challenge to use pink, green, and off white. The second is the April Sketch for you to try


The color combo was one I love, so that was easy - and I loved how simple the sketch was - perfect for playing with! So...I pulled out my March Unity KOTM, and some paper from Basic Grey's Konichiwa 6x6 paper pad. I had seen the background paper and instantly thought of this image. LOVE when that works out so perfectly!
I stamped the rose on a circle I cut with my Nestabilities, colored it with Copics, and then cut another one out to mask it with. I then stamped the Tea Time Pattern Background over the top, then peeled off my mask. LOVE that effect! Then inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique linen to get the off white effect.
All the papers blended too well together, so I did some machine stitching to add some definition. 
Added a touch of bling under the rose, pop-dotted it from the background, stamped the sentiment right on the pattern paper, and tied some jute twine from Ribbon Carousel around it to finish. 
Hope you enjoyed! See you in a bit when I get the other card posted! I dusted off my Cricut for the first time in a while...



1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! The use of black in this is just amazing! I would have probably never thought to use that much black with it, but the balance is perfect and really make those gorgeous bright colors pop! I also love how you used the texture stamp around the rose. Sooo Good!!

    ReplyDelete