Monday, February 27, 2012

Peachy Keen Day!


Good morning! It is my morning to post over on the Peachy Keen blog! Since cards are my favorite thing to make, that's what I have to share with you! I used the newly released March stamps for my card:
 I am so in love with the brand new Peachy Kit of the Month for March - seriously the CUTEST gnomes EVER!!!  Here is a picture of the Kit:


I also used the watering can, little shovel, and flowers from this kit: 

This is a big card - nearly 6x6 sized. I fell in love with the background paper, which is from one of My Minds Eye's new 6x6 paper pads. I trimmed about 1/8 inch off around all 4 edges, so my card ended up about 5.75 x 5.75 - that way it fits in a 6x6 envelope! (Yes, I learned that one the hard way the first time I made a large card and it wouldn't fit in the envelope!)
Then I pulled out my scissors and paper - and did TONS of paper piecing! Those little daisy's were the slowest part - but it is so worth it! I love how they came out! I then used pop-dots for lots of dimension - it looks like everything is popping off the scene at you!
I used an X-acto knife to cut the tiny details around the handles of the watering can, after I colored it with Copics. 
On the flower pot, I cut the whole thing out, then cut an extra of just the top portion of the pot, and pop-dotted it before adhering the flowers to it. I thought it made the pot look more real! I also inked the edges of the pot with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique linen for a bit more dimension. 
The sentiment, also from the Kit of the Month, is stamped right on the main panel. I finished off with a sheer ribbon bow on the top of the card, and a couple of stick on pearls under the sentiment.
Almost forgot - I also inked the edges of the front piece with Tim Holtz distress ink, also in Antique Linen, and added some Copic marker "shadows" under the gnome and pot. 
That's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by to visit today!!! Home you have a marvelous week!!!



6 comments:

  1. This card is just too sweet! I love the beautiful patterned papers you used and she is SO cute with her watering can! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could this seriously be any CUTER? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, your card is so super cute!! I love the little shovel and watering can in your gnome girls hands..

    Scrappy hugs,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get over how cute this is! Love those gingham flowers! Just precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE!!! Those patterned papers look amazing!! What a happy card!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY! This is SUPER amazing--love all the patterned papers!! You knocked me out of my seat! FAB!

    ReplyDelete