Thursday, January 12, 2012

Birthday Party Invites with a Friend!

Okay - let me just start with a big disclaimer! I am posting these, but I only helped out a friend - she did the majority of the work, but doesn't have a blog or anything, so she said I could share them here! Just wanted to make it very clear that I helped with the initial design, but she did the final decorating on them - and didn't they come out amazing!?!?!?!? She is having a Mardi Gras style masquerade party for her 30th birthday, and these are the invitations - we made 100 of them!
We used a cut off of Life's a Party, and did a little trimming on each one with scissors to make them look like masks instead of glassees. Used the Cuttlebug to emboss both the card and the bottom of the glasses, then added a sentiment from Pink by Design. On the embossed part of the glasses, she ran a glue pen over the raised edges and sprinkled it with superfine glitter (this is the part I didn't have to help on, and I'm strangely relieved by that!) - then finished off with glitter glue, rhinestones, and feathers. Here is a close up of all the colors:





Thanks for stopping by! And feel free to let me know what you think! I will pass it on to my friend!!!

I am also linking this up with She's a Sassy Lady's Multiple Card Challenge.


3 comments:

  1. These are amazing! And I sure wish you would share them at She's A Sassy Lady as the weekly special is making cards in multiples! Love the colors, just awesome! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your friend is an amazing talent! And... I can totally see these winning! These are SO SASSY! I love the little feather embellishments and everything... textures, cuts... everything is just perfect and sassy! I know the Sassy Lady herself is very proud to have these in her challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete