Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Patches of Pink - What makes you happy?

It's that time again! Time for the monthly Design Team post and challenge over at Patches of Pink! For this month, the challenge is to create a project about what makes you happy. Now, the real answer to that question would have probably yielded a completely different project - because I would have to say that my family is the thing that makes me the most happy! But I found myself thinking to long and hard about what to make, and as I flipped through cartridge handbooks, I came upon this hot air balloon. I don't know why, but I just LOVE hot air balloons! They just make me smile! I have never been in one - in fact, I don't know if I could be brave enough! - but I think they look so pretty! So...I decided to make a card using something that makes me smile!!!


 The hot air balloon is from Pop-up Neighborhood, the Cricut Circle exclusive cartridge. I cut it out, inked all the layers, and put it on an action wobble! That is something else that makes me smile!


Here is a little glimpse of how the action wobble works:



I added some machine stitching around the edges, a sentiment from Scrappy Mom's stamps, and some Baker's Twine.


Thanks for stopping by! Now head on over to Patches of Pink to see what the rest of the Design Team has cooked up, and to link your own creation! Would love to have you join us!!!

I am also entering this in the Scrappy Mom's Terrific Tuesday's Challenge (I don't have the cartridge Pack Your Bags, so this is something similar!)

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card- I love it! :)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very fun..I am with you..they make me smile, but not sure I could get in one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Super fun and love your color choices!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wobble action and this is a super cute card! Thanks for sharing it!

    Raina
    scrapwithraina.blogspot.com
    Raina's Favorite Crafty Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE this! I have a huge thing for hot air balloons, too! I've been wanting to go for a ride in one forever but I can't find anyone to go with me. One of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So ADORABLE! I love that it's a wobble- so cute! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete